Aim of the programme
City Unity College, in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an undergraduate programme in Computer Science. The objectives of the programme is to provide a high quality, academically grounded and professionally relevant undergraduate programme, developing in students a critical appreciation of computer science. Graduates will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to understand the relevant mathematical and computational formalisms and frameworks underpinning computer science, as well as applying these to produce high quality software and hardware systems. The encouragement of students to function as autonomous learners, embodying computational thinking and real world analysis and modelling skills, should result in graduates who will are able to contextualize their study in a broader technical and societal perspective, as well as developing core professional and ethical foundations.
3 Years / 360 Credits
Why choose the programme?
- Computer Science is a rapidly evolving industry
- It is a field of great demand in competitive international labor markets such as EU, USA, UAE, etc. Our graduates are in high demand and many already work in very competitive business environments in Cyprus and abroad.=
- It combines practical and theoretical knowledge that help to understand the scientific aspects of the field and the application of the latest technologies in private and public sector.
- Professors and instructors have vast experience in the academics as well as in Computer Science industry and labor market.
- The programme outcomes have been designed by reference to and in compliance with the QAA Subject Benchmark Statement for Computing (2016), as well as referencing the QAA Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (2014).
|CIS-4002||Architectures & Operating Systems|
|CIS-4003||Principles of Programming|
|CIS-4001||Computing & Society|
|CIS-4004||Building for the Web|
|CIS-4005||Developing Quality Software & Systems I|
|CIS-5000||Research Methods for Computing & IS|
|CIS-5004||Data & Knowledge Management|
|CIS-5005||Developing Quality Software & Systems II|
|CIS-6001||Computer Science Dissertation Project|
|CIS-6004||Professional & Ethical Issues in IT|
|CIS-5006||Mobile & Web Technologies||Level 5|
|CIS-5007||Law & Digital Security||Level 5|
|CIS-5009||Multimedia & Interaction||Level 5|
|CIS-5010||Networks & Communications||Level 5|
|BRM-5034||Employability Skills Project with PDP||Level 5|
|CIS-6003||Advanced Programming||Level 6|
|CIS-6007||Parallel & Distributed System||Level 6|
|CIS-6009||Advanced Multimedia||Level 6|
|CIS-6008||Analytics & Business Intelligence||Level 6|
|CIS-6010||Teaching of Computing||Level 6|
|CIS-6012||Computer Graphics||Level 6|
|BRM-6030||Industrial Work Experience||Level 6|
Are you interested?
Students can design, with their professors’ assistance, their method of studying. At the same time, the course structure and the various teaching methods have been designed to support this practice. Micro-teaching is encouraged through the use of specific international practices such as case studies, while practical training is complemented by the use of appropriate materials, videos, computer software, etc.
The teaching material is presented through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops. *Some teaching methods might not apply to all subjects.
Book Online Appointment
For undergraduate programs all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma (or equivalent) with an average grade of at least 60% of the high school’s highest grade
- In exceptional cases an interview or challenge courses or entrance exams or accreditation of prior learning will be required in consultation with the director of the department.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements which are:- Graduation from a high school in an English-speaking country (where the teaching language was English).
– IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 5.5 (B2 Level)
– An online English test to be arranged by the Admissions Department.
Why study at City Unity College?
Accredited Programmes of Study
Experienced Academic Staff
Affordable tuition fees
Fingertip access to all learning material (Online & Mobile App learning platform - eClass)
Collaboration with overseas Universities
Modern technology used in classrooms, amphitheaters and laboratories
College campus composed of 4 buildings (modern cafeterias, restaurant, conference facilities)
Multi workshops and seminars with guest speakers from the industry
Strong student support services
Opportunity support in research
Member of the Erasmus+ mobility scheme
Why choose Cardiff Metropolitan University?
Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for ‘International student support’ in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education’s Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
Cardiff Met continues to improve year to year. In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
Cardiff Met is the top ranked modern university in Wales
The Higher Education Academy’s Postgraduate Research Students Survey ranked Cardiff Metropolitan among the top 10 UK universities in all of its five key areas of measurement